These services are offered by Capita Share Dealing Services ('Capita') to give existing shareholders a simple way of buying or selling SSE shares on the London Stock Exchange. They are offered on an 'execution only' basis which means that no advice is given and you make your own investment decisions.
You can telephone 0371 664 0445* to buy or sell your shares. If selling, please ensure that you have your share certificate(s) and Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) or Investor Code (IVC) ready when making the call. This appears at the top of your share certificate and your tax vouchers.
- There are no forms to complete in advance.
- The share price at which you deal will generally be confirmed to you whilst you are on the telephone.
- Commission is 1% (minimum charge of £27.50). In addition stamp duty, currently 0.5% is payable on purchases.
- You can set a limit price (a price above or below which your shares will not be sold).
- Settlement is three business days after the date of the trade.
- The service is available from 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays.
- Terms and conditions are available on request, please telephone 0371 664 0445*.
- The service is available 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.
- Commission is 0.5% (minimum charge of £20.00). In addition, stamp duty is currently 0.5% and is payable upon purchases.
- Online confirmation of trade details.
- You can set a limit price, below which your shares will not be sold at no additional cost.
If you only hold a few shares and you feel that it would be uneconomical to sell them, you could consider donating them to ShareGift. ShareGift accumulates and sells odd lots of shares, gifting the proceeds to a wide range of charities, including the five children's hospices supported by SSE. You can claim tax relief on share donations. For further details, please call 0345 143 4005.
None of these services are a recommendation to buy, sell or hold shares in SSE, nor to use the services of Capita Share Dealing Services. If you are unsure of what action to take, you should obtain independent financial advice. Please note: share values may go down as well as up, which may result in you receiving less than you originally invested.
Capita Share Dealing Services is a trading name of Capita IRG Trustees Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
If you live in a country where the provisions of such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations, this should be treated for information only.
* For information on the telephone dealing service please call 0371 664 0445 (Calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider. Calls outside the United Kingdom will be charged at the applicable international rate. We are open between 8.00am–4.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales). Please have your Investor Code (IVC) ready.